The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script interface to launch semi-populated Quick Entry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using Curt's 'send to OF' script for Mail, but would love to be able to have the QuickEntry box popup with the contents of the Mail message entered vs a task created in the Inbox, so that I can quickly set the context, due date, & project. Basically a way to avoid the OF Inbox when I know where I want the task to fall from the Mail message.

Hope that makes sense. If there's an easy dialog that can be coded into Curt's applescript, I'm happy to do that, but figured that if I could pop the QuickEntry with the values from the Mail message, I could avoid some work and keep the OF QuickEntry interface in use...

thanks,
Mike

There currently isn't any scripting interface to Quick Entry, but I've added a feature request for it. I'm not sure how much work this would be -- it might go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
There currently isn't any scripting interface to Quick Entry, but I've added a feature request for it. I'm not sure how much work this would be -- it might go either way.
You can add my vote. I'm using this script a few times a day lately and it would be nice not to have to go back and enter what's already been decided about a task.

Yes, please. I would love to be able to script the QuickEntry window. I imagine needing a command to display the QuickEntry window and the ability to make new QuickEntry tasks. Or perhaps making a new QuickEntry task would automatically display the window.

I would use this in my Send to OF scripts for both Mail and Safari.

Curt