The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't find my calendar in the preference list [A: sync to a local calendar.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all.

Our team LOVES OmniFocus and it's ability to manage our life, todos, projects.

This synching issue has been complex and an obstacle for sure...we have a ghetto solution in the meantime. This solution is not free (we pay for the third party sync), but utilizes a project manager, and a third party sync between omni focus and basecamp.

Please read below to see what we're doing:
I'm unable to post direct URLS here because I'm new to the forum, if you want the direct address (since the basecamp free page is hard to find), shoot me an email at 'meyer (at) threedotinc (dot) com'.
  1. Sign up with a free 37Signals Classic Basecamp account (to manage mulitple todo lists or projects)
  2. Sign up for a spootnik account (for $12/mo)
  3. Follow the Spootnik instructions to sync with basecamp and omnifocus
  4. Put your Spootnik or Basecamp ".ics" feed into ical
  5. Done.

As I said above, it's a little ghetto...But, if you use Basecamp anyway, or want to use it to manage projects, it's a beautiful integration!

Chais

I would not need an iCal sync if there were flexible alarms / reminders in OmniFocus syncing with the iPhone app.

So pleeeeease include alarms / reminders!

Need to have a monthly look at what I am doing.

I doubt Omni’s forecast will give me such a thing. On my phone it peters of after 5 days.

If I am busy on a date, it’s easier to look up ical...

And if ical syncs across it’s easier to look up stuff on any device I have.

So please let Omnifocus sync to icloud calendars.