The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to get iCal events into OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love that when I look at my perspective in OF, I see all the todo's for the day. I'd love to see a project that also shows all of today's schedule. I hate having to switch back to iCal to see my schedule.

I wish that when I create an event (appt, not a todo) in iCal, it automatically populated into the "appointments" project in OF. Is there a way to do this? Or an applescript?

If I remember correctly, there are a few feature requests for the ability to import appointment information from iCal into OmniFocus, but off the top of my head, I'm not aware of any AppleScripts that do so. (There are a couple of AppleScript-related posts in the iCal Syncing forum - it's possible that one of the scripts there could be adapted to do this, if you want to give it a try.)

If you email the Support Ninjas, we can attach you to the feature request in question - by doing so, you help that request move up the priority list. (All other things being equal, a more popular request will get assigned higher priority.)