The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to Google Calendar [A: possible, not recommended due to missing gCal feature.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

Unfortunately I have a Blackberry, not an iPhone. I therefore use Google Calendar, since I can sync it (via Google Sync) with the native Blackberry calendar. I'm very interested in using Omni Focus, but I can't seem to sync it with Google Calendar directly. Google Calendar seems to be CalDAV compliant but not completely WebDAV compliant as required by OF's Advanced Sync options.
And while I can subscribe to my Google Calendars in iCal, those don't appear in the list of available iCal calendars in Omni Focus's iCal-specific sync options.
Phew!
Anybody have any tips to get around this situation?

Thanks!
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnash View Post
Hi there,

Unfortunately I have a Blackberry, not an iPhone. I therefore use Google Calendar, since I can sync it (via Google Sync) with the native Blackberry calendar. I'm very interested in using Omni Focus, but I can't seem to sync it with Google Calendar directly. Google Calendar seems to be CalDAV compliant but not completely WebDAV compliant as required by OF's Advanced Sync options.
And while I can subscribe to my Google Calendars in iCal, those don't appear in the list of available iCal calendars in Omni Focus's iCal-specific sync options.
Phew!
Anybody have any tips to get around this situation?

Thanks!
Dave
We are using google apps and specifically google calendar as our company calendar standard. I too have this problem, google cal ais set on my ical, but does not appear in o-focus calendar list when attempting to setup ical sync.

Please make this possible. It stinks so bad that OF is not able to sync with anything cept the iphone and ical.

Even if i could sync OF to ical to my google account, that would be fine. but even that's not allowed.

I'd also love to see Google Calendar syncing options.

I'd like to second this request.
Thank you.
drking

I'm pretty sure we've got a feature request open on this - if interested parties email the support ninjas and let us know they'd like to see this added, the feedback will get recorded properly.

(We browse the forums as we're able, but because threads do sometimes fall through the cracks, we use email for this purpose.)

Yes, direct GCal sync would be simply awesome.

Yes, direct GCal sync would be simply awesome. (2)

+1
Is this available by now? Have been looking for a way to get this done, but havenīt been successful. Thanks,

OmniFocus exports information in a format that Google Calendar can import, but at the time of this writing, gCal lacks the ability to subscribe to calendars in password-protected locations.

In other words, for this to work, you'd have to sync your OmniFocus database to a un-protected location, making it available to basically anyone on the internet.

I would strongly recommend against that, but if you're willing to do so, you can check the "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" box in OmniFocus' "Sync" preferences, then use the steps from this Google support article to import the resulting .iCal file.

Needless to say, filing a "support password-protected calendar subscriptions" feature request against Google Calendar would be a good idea. :-)