The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF/iCal sync at home vs. work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, all -- newbie here, trying to decide if OmniFocus is right for me. One of the most important issues that have tilted me in favor of OF is the ability to sync between my work and home computers, which would be a huge help to me. The IT guy for my office just gave me the go-ahead to install; however, he told me in no uncertain terms NOT to sync with the address book or the iCal calendar at work. However, I would like to sync with iCal on my home computer.

This may be a dumb question, but can I sync with iCal on one computer and not the other? Or would the sync be automatic to both systems? I'd ask the tech people but the office seems to be closed for the holidays, and my trial is about to run out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all!

In fact, you only want to sync with iCal on one computer. To do otherwise will likely cause corruption or data loss.