The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide Sidebar with Keyboard shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I tried your reported experiment, and found that OmniFocus did exactly the correct thing in all cases. I would check to make sure that you've got the Restore Layout box ticked in all of your perspectives. The behavior you get if you've omitted it is like what you have described.
Doesn't work for me. I've got Restore Layout checked for every perspective now, but I'm still only seeing the sidebar's expansion state* reliably restored when switching from a context- to project-mode perspective or vice versa. Switching between two perspectives of the same mode still behaves the way I described before.

In any case, why should it matter if "restore layout" isn't checked for some of my perspectives? When I switch to one for which it *is* checked, *that* layout should surely be restored (regardless of the "restore layout" setting of the *previous* perspective), but this is clearly not what's happening -- at least not for me.

* By which I mean: whether the sidebar itself is collapsed or expanded. I realize this term is a little ambiguous since it normally refers to whether items in a list are "expanded" (showing child items).

Last edited by Stormchild; 2012-09-05 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Is it always the same perspectives that fail? Might be worth creating them again, then deleting the old ones that fail. Or contact the support ninjas and have them take a look at your database. I've got a lot of perspectives, split pretty evenly between those which have the sidebar collapsed and those which have it open in different widths, and I can't recall any failures to restore the sidebar properly. That's not to say that this is 100% bug-free, because it certainly isn't — it often gets the overall window size wrong for me when switching between perspectives that have no sidebar and those which do.