The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-close tab drawer option Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haensel View Post
I frequently have the situation where I open several tabs from a main window, work through the tabs, then want to drag more from the main window on the drawer. Just when I want it, the drawer GOES AWAY, often from right under my mouse.

Omniweb's old behavior was one of the things I liked about it. Is there a preference item for this? Even a hidden one would be fine.
The drawer will stay open if you open the drawer explicitly, either by clicking on the Drawer button in the toolbar or by using the menu item View->Show Tabs (keyboard shortcut Option-Command-T). OmniWeb only auto-closes the drawer when it was auto-opened.

Does that help?

Thanks for clarifying, but I understand the new behavior. It's just annoying. A hidden preference would be appropriate here. Maybe for 5.9.3? In the meantime I guess I'll go back to a previous version.

I've got to agree with Michael, I've tried to get used to the new behaviour but it is just annoying. I'd much prefer the older behaviour too.

The new behavior is awesome, but you expected me to say that. Makes the dumb drawer almost bearable. Please do NOT revert it.

That being said I always requested it as a pref similar to other browsers' "always show tab bar" for those who want it open always.

I'd be perfectly happy with a hidden preference to return to the old behaviour, but an "Always show tab drawer" preference would be fine too.

Personally, I would also like an "Always show toolbar and status bar" option too... getting tired of sites that spawn windows without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haensel View Post
Thanks for clarifying, but I understand the new behavior. It's just annoying. A hidden preference would be appropriate here. Maybe for 5.9.3? In the meantime I guess I'll go back to a previous version.
There's a new TabDrawerClosesAutomatically hidden default in today's 5.10 sneaky peek build.

Thank you very much! This way fans of the old behavior can stay happy, but you have the (possibly more consistent) new behavior for new users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
There's a new TabDrawerClosesAutomatically hidden default in today's 5.10 sneaky peek build.
Thank you.