The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'overdue' vs 'due soon' count Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did send official feedback for this about a month ago, but now I want to know what others are thinking about this...

I have a project folder that has two projects:
- one has one overdue task ('1' in red)
- another has one 'due soon' task ('1' in orange)
when the parent folder is collapsed, that folder only shows up with a
count of '1' in red, loosing the 'due soon' count.

A similar thing happens with the badges in the dock and menu bar icons.
The due soon count gets replaced with the overdue count.

I came to like these badges, but I need to know I can trust them. It doesn feel right when my due soon items suddenly disappear from the badge count, because another action in the folder is now due.

One could argue that I should get rid of the overdue item first!, but I still want to know about due soon items without needing to expand all my folders.

i'm not sure what the behavior should be. Two badges in the sidebar view ('1' red and '1' orange together) would probably look quite ugly, but better than losing my orange count on the project (?).

the dock icon could carry all counts though (including the inbox, like iGTD did). but I'm not sure what would be best for the sidebar badges...

I use dockstar for Mail.app and agree the doc icon could handle multiple badges, maybe something like the attached would work in the sidebar, but maybe others would find it too ugly.

-Preston
Attached Images

I don't think it's ugly .. I like the idea my " due soon " is set to 7 days for weekly reiew purposes , I'd like to see the colors separated like that .

Agreed. I want to know both, not just one or the other. I have daily tasks that occasionally I can't do because they aren't done at home. I don't like not knowing how many other things are due soon because of them.

Similarly, I want the dock badges to stay on even when the main window is closed. I dislike the fact that to see the badges on the dock the main window has to be open. I realize that I can hide the window to keep the count without the window showing, but it would just be easier if it stayed like Mail, NetNewsWire and my other programs do.