The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No more Inbox badge in menu bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

Since updating to 1.9, I noticed that the menu bar no longer has a count for the Inbox items. Since I very rarely use Due dates, I would like to be able to see the inbox count, since we used to have that feature.

Is that gone for good? or can I get it back somehow?

Thanks,
Robin

I see an item count in my menu bar for inbox items.

What version are you on? I used to see it, but now that I am on 1.9, all I see is a little folder, which contains my perspectives. No inbox count.

I'm on:

Product: OmniFocus-1.9.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.9/GM-v77.75.2
Date: 2011-04-08 14:25:07 -0700

Here's what my task list looks like:

http://cl.ly/1o37430T3C0V2P2t3l00

What RFBriggs is after is the 1.8.2 behavior, I think, where if you had no due soon or overdue actions, you would get a count of Inbox actions in the menu bar instead of the little OmniFocus icon or count that you get now. I haven't found a way to re-enable that behavior, but maybe the support ninjas can get the definitive word from engineering. It seems a bit arbitrary that they took away the Inbox count in favor of a little icon when nothing is due, but give us the count if something is imminent or overdue. That doesn't make much sense if the concern is someone won't know what a number in a gray oval means :-)

The icon + the color-coded count seems like a decent compromise (and indeed, that's exactly what the app putting up a menu right next to the OmniFocus menu on my system does).

Feedback via Help->Send Feedback...

Yes, what I'm looking for is the ability to know just by glancing up at the task bar how many items are in my inbox. I don't want to have to click on something to see a number. This functionality used to exist and was taken away. Sometimes that's not a good thing...

whpalmer4, what are you referring to on your menu bar?