The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Project list translucent / fonts screwed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Steps to reproduce:

I was working in Planning mode, and I had an action's notes open. I highlighted some text, and realized that I could drag it around. Cool, I think to myself, because what I really wanted to do was take a couple lines of text from the notes, and create new actions in a different project from them.

So, I dragged the text out of the action's notes onto another project in the project list. All of a sudden, the background of the project list becomes 100% transparent:

I play around a little, and for a moment I manage to get the project list's background to be opague - but the fonts are spaced funny and the counters are not lined up properly (sorry I don't have a screenshot of this). For the most part, the project list is transparent, and even when it has any opacity it never looks right.

It seems that the context list's background is unaffected.

Running the latest sneakypeek (OmniFocus 1.0.1 sneakypeek (v77.1.3.0.98074). I've already trying backout out to OF 1.0, and then updating back to the current sneakypeek release - no difference. I've also try restarting the mac.

Any hints? I am limping along for the moment by putting an empty textedit page behind the left side of my screen. If this can't be solved I'll have to try appzapping OF and reinstalling.

Last edited by fudster; 2008-02-28 at 08:58 PM..

This "limping along" by putting a blank textedit page is getting my by, but it's a real pain. There is a lot of shadowing on all the text and it's hard to read. And if the project list moves (i.e. scrolling) at all, the shadows don't move along with the text - at that point the whole thing is unreadable. I have to keep re-establishing the window so I can read the project list again.

Select any of your actions and open the font panel. Make sure you are showing the effects (use the action menu - cog - in the bottom left to show them if you are not) and that the panel is sized large enough for you to see them.

Click the icon that looks like a blank page and pick a background colour. This should correct the issue.

(N.B. The menu item is "Hide Effects" in this image because they are currently visible. If they aren't it will say "Show Effects").

Thanks Jonathan!

Choosing a background color did fix the opacity problem, but the Kern and other font attributes were still out of whack. It looks like a style was created - Format -> Clear Style seems to have fixed all the problems.

Really appreciate the help - all is well now.

Ninjas... Let me know if you'd like more information on how this happened here.

Basically, if a color/text style that's less than 100% opaque gets dropped or pasted into the sidebar, we freak out in the manner that you saw.

We'll have a fix for this in an upcoming build of OF, but in the meantime, JKT's fix will work, or you can do a select all in the sidebar, then Format -> Clear Styles.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused!