The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to view the web servers certificate Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good Morning everybody,

I'm a member of some society who let me elect their chair and board online. Of course the web site is secured via ssl. Now they send me a letter with some information I need to log on to this website. They also gave me the SHA1 and MD5 fingerprints of the web servers certificates.

The question is now: how can I verify this fingerprints. I expected to click on this tiny lock in the status bar to get all the information, but I was wrong. Nothing happened when I clicked on this lock.

I know that I can look up this information in my keychain, right? But it would be also nice to have access to it directly from OW. Furthermore it would be nice to override security settings from OW. For example I want to deny communication with this https server because I don't trust this server.

Can somebody help me or shall I file a feature request?

Thanks,

Tiggar

This request comes up ever so often. Currently, there's no way to see the cert details.