The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

$20? Revoking your 501(c)(3) non-profit status! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by iannarino View Post
Dear Brian and Ken,

I am going to lead the class action suit against Omni and the confiscatory pricing scheme perpetrated against those who were charged the outrageously high price of $19.99 for Omnifocus for iPhone. It is my intention to immediately have your 501(c)(3) non-profit status revoked.

I also hope to have all of your Bentleys and Private Jets sold to pay for the intentional infliction of emotional distress you have caused all of us. There is nothing more disgusting than software developers who create valuable products that serve their customers unmet needs expecting to profit from their intellectual property, their hard work, and their enormous risk!

Screw you and your caviar and champagne lifestyles . . . you capitalist bastards!

Facetiously yours,

Iannarino
Emotional Distress from spending $20 .... tell you what mate come live with my wife... I'll show you emotional distress... I'll even pay you $20

Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
you gotta see the 1 star reviews on the App store... some retards are actually writing literally stuff like: "Shame on you for charging for this!"

Pretty unbelievable stuff... somehow programmers should be ashamed of getting paid for their work...
Actually, there are just as many of these types of reviews for the $0.99 apps. They are being lambasted by people saying, "Come on, 99¢, why don't you just make it free?"

I'm an OmniFocus user who would like to have seen some sort of break for the iPhone app for existing OmniFocus users but I will probably end up buying it in the end. My main concern right now is that in order to sync, which I have to have before using the iPhone version, I need to download a beta version of OmniFocus. That is not very appetizing to me.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Apple has to make reviews only for applications you have bought. I mean, there are a lot of these "drive by reviews" that are obviously not from people who even used it.

BZ
I agree with this 100%

It makes it impossible to see the actual rating average of an app if half the people are giving it 1 start for a completely unrelated reason.

I love the iPhone version. Well worth $20.

-Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee99ee View Post
I love the iPhone version. Well worth $20.

-Chris
I am looking forward to using it myself. However, I have all of my data in the desktop version so I can't try the iPhone version until sync is available in a non-beta version.

I have to tell you. My hats off to Omnifocus and the Iphone tie in. I initially was a little suspect about $ 20 for an Iphone app, considering the $ 100 I've already spent on garbage. But I have to say, WOW. This finally ties in GTD in the most ingenious way - a "simple way - mind like water". Down time at stop lights (not recommended), as items pop into you head, have just in a few days made my todo management so very easy, and no stress at all.

True GTD'ers must agree. This is the real deal. For all those who don't know jack about GTD. Listen to the tapes at least, watch the the program video, and take this program. Your productivity will immediately jump. Projects you've only vaguely thought about "get done", with very little effort.