The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't get Omniweb to load new Gmail interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Gmail has a new interface, but I can't it to load up in Omniweb. If I log in with Safari, I can change to the new UI, but if I log in with Omniweb, even browser spoofing using the Safari 3.0 preset, I can't get the new UI. I've even tried manually keying in the URL (ui=2).

I tried upgrading to 5.7 Sneaky Peek 1, but no dice.

Anyone get it working?

Haven't seen that? Only 'Standard with Chat', 'Standard without Chat' and 'Basic html' - webkit getting the last two.

That's the thing: webkit gets them all now.

http://mailplaneapp.com/blog_files/g...ue-entry-id-44

Unfortunately, Safari is getting it but Omniweb isn't.

I've got it working in both 5.6 and 5.7 (.94130).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfoo View Post
I've got it working in both 5.6 and 5.7 (.94130).
I had to put in a custom string to get it to work.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/523.10.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Safari/523.10

I got it to work with it set to spoof Safari 3

Does anyone else get the problem that Gmail keeps loading incessantly in 5.7 sneaky peeks? The progress meter keeps on spinning, even when the page is apparently loaded.

Yes, this has been reported several times in these forums, but I don't think there has been any response yet.

It's running fine for me. I get the "older version" link in the upper right, which I suppose means that I am using Gmail 2.0.

And, yes, the progress meter does go on ad infinitum for me, too. This could be OW's acknowledging of some of the scripts that keep running. But, I'm not sure.

The Gmail problem seems to go away when I switch to UK English instead of US English. Interesting.

Now I have a Bin instead of Trash.