The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Notes not viewable? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a global command for making the notes for all tasks in a view reappear? My task notes have somehow "collapsed".

Though I can reopen them individually, I don't know how to make them all reappear. I see nothing about this in the documentation.

It gets tedious reopening the note for each of 100 tasks.

Has anyone else solved this and, if so, how?

If you want to toggle them all (as opposed to setting them to open or closed), simply select them en masse and use the cmd-' command to open them all (if they were closed) or close them all (if they were open). If half of them are already the way you want them, the job is more tedious! You might check the Extras forum; someone may have written an Applescript to do this sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If half of them are already the way you want them, the job is more tedious! You might check the Extras forum; someone may have written an Applescript to do this sort of thing.
If half of them are already open, the state of the notes is normalized the first time the keyboard shortcut is pressed. So first all notes will be closed. Press the key combo again and all the notes will open. Not too tedious. ;-)

-Dennis

Hmm, I don't think I've ever noticed that! I guess I must have assumed that it would simply invert the open/closed status of everything in the selection, and never actually tried it! Learn something new every day :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you want to toggle them all (as opposed to setting them to open or closed), simply select them en masse and use the cmd-' command to open them all (if they were closed) or close them all (if they were open). If half of them are already the way you want them, the job is more tedious! You might check the Extras forum; someone may have written an Applescript to do this sort of thing.

Hi. The emphasis was entered by me above. How does one set OF so that the notes will always appear open? Thanks very much, Keith

I think the only way to do that is to open them and then save the view as a perspective.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithFK View Post
Hi. The emphasis was entered by me above. How does one set OF so that the notes will always appear open?
You can open all the notes and then save the view as a perspective. Similarly, you can also close all the notes and save the view as a perspective and clicking between the two will act as a toggle.

I like the idea of using perspectives liberally, but I find access to them to be a bit clumsy. The toolbar gets too crowded with lots of custom perspectives, and the perspectives window feels like it is always in the way. The drop-down list might be the best, but it is crowded with other things. I think it would be great if we could have a drop-down list that we could put into the toolbar, and edit to include only the perspectives we wanted to include. Does that sound unreasonable? Is there an existing way that I haven't come across? Thanks for any feedback.