The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto embedding files to actions by dragging Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,

First post here on the Omni Forums - I'm a student from Sydney and a big fan of Omni Focus. I often search the forums here but hadn't registered.

I tried doing a quick search to find an answer to my question but either it hasn't been discussed or I need to work on my search skills.

Basically I'm wondering whether there is a way of setting OF up so that when you drag an image or other file to an action it automatically embeds it to the action (rather than having to right click and manually add and click the embed option).

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Hold the option key while dragging.

You may wish to exercise restraint in the number and size of attachments you make if you are syncing OmniFocus. You can use the Window->Attachment List window to determine how many attachments you have, how large they are, etc. Note that they remain in your database even after the item to which they are attached is completed.

Thanks a bunch for that helpful reply whpalmer4 and the tip about exercising restraint in regards to attachments! Answered my question perfectly.

Looking forward to discovering more of these great tips/tricks to enhance my use of OF.

Cheers.