The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Crashes on quit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
In your original post, you also had two input manager hacks installed (Glims and Safari something or other). It is possible that these two could be causing issues in OmniWeb as well, especially as Glims, until it was updated, was the source of many problems with the version of WebKit in the Safari 4 beta (which is what the 5.10 sps are using too).
Yes I had Glims and Safariblock loaded but I have unloaded and removed those and still had the crashes, I will just have to experiment with different pages, so far it has been mainly Google either reader or mail. I had updated Glims for Safari anyway.

Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs - did you log out and back in (or restart) after un-installing them? Input managers don't stop functioning until you quit out of your account, even if you move them out of the Input Managers folder.

Last edited by JKT; 2009-05-22 at 12:00 PM..

Yes I logged out after removing them. Back to the drawing board:-)

OK... check those internet plug-ins out ;-)

The crash is definitely being caused by a netscape based plug-in not an input manager and not a WebKit based plug-in (Like QuickTime).

I shouldn't have edited it out of your post but the only netscape based plug-in you had loaded was Flash. So I'm pretty sure that one is the cause, I'm just not sure which page is contributing to the problem.

Seems odd, I am using the latest version 10 Flash, the google pages on the last crash did not have any flash content, and finally I reverted to Omniweb 5.9.2 and the crashes stopped.

Flash Player Version is 10.0.22.87