The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard won't appear on iOS 4. [Possible bug; reboot phone fixes?] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't enter text in OF 1.7 on the new iPhone- even to email feedback to omni. Is anyone else having this problem?

Working fine here. Try reinstalling maybe?

-Dennis

Is the problem that the keyboard won't appear? I've managed to find a way to do that, but only on the first launch after restoring my iPad, and subsequent launches worked okay. Contact the Omni support group for help on Monday if you are still having problems.

We've gotten some reports of this over email and Twitter, but we haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Several folks reporting the problem have said that a reboot of the phone clears it up. Can anyone seeing the problem corroborate that?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I experienced a similar occurrence using v1.7 of OF on iPhone v4. I had OF ‘open’ as a switch app, I switched to it to raise a new action. I selected to add a new action where it created a new action template, but didn’t invoke the keyboard. This was the case even when a tapped the action subject field, it wouldn’t allow me to enter any text.

I resolved this issue by closing OF completely out of the background tasks list. When I re-opened it all was well.

In my case I haven't done a reboot of the phone (at least not that I'm aware), but at some point I got the message "rebuilding OF database", after that the keyboard worked.

Happened to me, too. But for me it was pre 1.7, right after a sync (which I only did because a Ninja tweaked my database, after which I did a local reset and then resynced to a webdav server with the tweaked database. Otherwise I never sync, as I don't have any other devices with OF).

Reset worked for me. But I should also say that I noticed there was no keyboard in other places too, like Mail, during that time.

With 1.7, it WAS necessary to do a reset in order to kick fast-app-switching into gear.

Had this happen to me right after initial installation on an iPhone 4. A reboot fixed it.. Now if I could only remember what I was going to add.

Thanks for this thread, everyone - I had the "no keyboard appears" problem on my iPhone 4, having just installed the latest Omnifocus for iPhone. Restarting the iPhone (press & hold the on/off button) solved the problem as far as I can tell. Have synced successfully with my Mac using Bonjour as well.

It looks like it's an issue when the app is suspended for the first time. Install the app, launch it. You will be able to use the keyboard. Go away from the app (it gets suspended). Relaunch the app and you won't be able to enter text. Terminate the app from the switcher and relaunch. Now you can enter text. No reboot needed.