The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Line Breaks all over when Exporting? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm outlining and drafting in OmniOutliner. Now I want to format and polish my stuff in Pages or Mellel. But on exporting or dragging and dropping I get line breaks all over the document. Why is that?

In detail: At each point, where the text hops in OOL in the next line (which depends on the width of my window etc.), there appears a line break in Pages or Mellel or TextEdit or whereever I open the RTF or drop the text.

That doesn't make much sense to me. Am I doing sth. wrong? How do you guys export and polish? It's obvious that working through the text eliminating 200 line breaks won't be an option.

This is due to a multiple column outline. Since we don't have a RTF export format that uses a table, there's no way to recreate the columns without adding line breaks in.

You can work around this by exporting to HTML and copying and pasting from the HTML file.

Thanks, Derek - great support! I solved the issue by deleting the 2nd column. A 1-column outline is exported wonderfully into RTF with free-flowing text.