The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Undo deleted everything. *Everything*. :( Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I downloaded OmniFocus a few hours ago. After watching the getting started video, I very nearly just went ahead and paid (I'm an OmniOutliner Pro user anyway), but I decided to give it a try first.

I spent a couple hours doing an initial dump into the inbox, then spent another hour organizing my projects and contexts. I setup a bucket, "Random chores", and told OmniFocus to put single actions there.

Then I went into the Inbox and added a few single items. I realized one had a single dependent, so I indented it. Then I hit return to add a new item, and I tried to out-dent it since it wasn't related to the prior item, but by mistake I indented it further. So I hit Undo. (Cmd-Z.)

Everything was gone. Everything. All my actions, all my projects, all my contexts, all my perspectives—even the ones supplied with OmniFocus. I tried Redo several times with no luck. I checked my view settings, and even with view all, nothing was there. I tried a bunch of other view settings hoping to get my stuff back, but no luck.

I quit and restarted OmniFocus, still nothing. I tried to revert, but my most recent backup was empty, and the one prior to that only had the Omni-supplied stuff (learning GTD and OmniFocus, etc.).

Is it all really gone?? I see that the files are bundles containing a gzipped XML file, and unzipping and examining them, the current one and the most recent backup is completely empty but for the DTD, and the prior backup has just the default stuff, so I guess it really is gone. :( :( :(

I guess I need to give you guys a few more revs before using it as a "trusted system"—but it does look incredibly cool. I hope the kinks get worked out!

Since there's no "Save", what would you recommend if I want to be brave and try this again? Would setting preferences to make a backup after every quit, and quitting and restarting frequently, do the trick?