The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thank you for Nested Contexts! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I great weight has been lifted from my chest.

I am also pleased to see nested contexts. They will work great for things like errands, as Ethan shows in the video.

But I wonder how OF will handle contexts that can be part of multiple places. For example my @Phone context needs to be part of both my @Campus and my @Home contexts. My guess is that I wouldn't use nested contexts for this but instead would use context focusing. So when I'm on campus I would focus on my @Phone, @Office, and @Computer contexts. When I'm at home I would focus on my @Phone, @Home, @Computer, and @Chores contexts.

Some questions come to mind:

- I'm guessing that a Focus sheet appears when the user clicks the Focus button. Would it be reasonable from a UI perspective to have that sheet include sets of contexts that are frequently put in focus together?

- Will context focusing be scriptable? I assume yes, so...

- If a script focuses on a context, will nested contexts automatically be in focus also? (I suppose the greatest power would be to have a boolean property on the focus command that controls this, i.e., "with nested".)

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to put my paws on a beta!

Yes... I will be using duplicate contexts...

Home
-Phone
-Computer

Work
-Phone
-Computer
-Clients
--Omni Group
--Apple

But at least I can focus on my work items, or my home items. I was afraid that Omni wasn't going to do anything with contexts and I would have to have contexts like:

Home Phone
Home Computer
Home Errands

Work Phone
Work Computer
Work Errands
Work Clients Omni Group
Work Clients Apple

For me it's a step in the right direction.