The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Difference between Pending and On-Hold? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

Can someone explain the practical difference between a project that is On Hold and one that is Pending?

I understand that you can actively set a project to On Hold, and that by giving a project a date in the future, it's set to Pending (and that these will become Active on that date), but practically speaking, what's the difference?

It appears setting a project to On Hold and giving it a starting date doesn't make it active on that date. Should an On Hold project with a start date become Active on that date? Or is the idea to say "I don't want to think about this project again until I actively decide to do so"?

Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
It appears setting a project to On Hold and giving it a starting date doesn't make it active on that date. Should an On Hold project with a start date become Active on that date?
That's what Pending is for--active projects whose start date hasn't arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Or is the idea to say "I don't want to think about this project again until I actively decide to do so"?
Exactly. An On-Hold project might be one that you've already started that you want to suspend indefinitely.

Curt

I can't figure out how to make a project pending. I have a Project with two tasks, they both start in the future, but the project still doesn't appear in a "Pending" listing.

Do I have to *set* the project to start in the future? Where do I do that? I did that in the Inspector, but the project still doesn't list as pending.

I'm excited about implementing "pending" functionality but can't find any docmentation on how to do that.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
That's what Pending is for--active projects whose start date hasn't arrived.

Never mind--I figured it out. I had thought that the "Review" date was the start date in the Inspector, failing to see the section below called "Dates". Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
I can't figure out how to make a project pending. I have a Project with two tasks, they both start in the future, but the project still doesn't appear in a "Pending" listing.

Do I have to *set* the project to start in the future? Where do I do that? I did that in the Inspector, but the project still doesn't list as pending.

I'm excited about implementing "pending" functionality but can't find any docmentation on how to do that.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

--Sandy Santra