The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

syncing files with attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a few files with photo and audio attachments on the iphone.

I tried to sync them whilst connected to Edge and told I couldn't because of no internet connection (I presume that should be 'wifi' connection?).

Having synced via wifi I now have the items on my Mac, but with no attachments. I've since successfully synced other tasks with photo and audio, and even added photo or audio to these non syncing tasks, and it has worked fine, but the original photo or audio isn't syncing over.

The photo and audio attachments should be in the notes field. Click the note icon to see them. I don't think OmniFocus insists on a WiFi connection to sync attachments. Perhaps the EDGE signal temporarily faded?

No - the attachments are definitely not accessible - I know because I added an attachment to one of the tasks afterwards (I'd originally had an audio attachment and then added a photo). Now I can see the photo on my mac, but not the audio. On my iphone I can see both.

The original connection for syncing was poor so its almost certain that the Edge died out and thus the sync failed.

It's no big problem from my point of view - I can still use the information - but I can foresee a problem in the future - there doesn't seem to be a way to get photos and audio out of the program on the iphone without syncing.

We've added some compression for the audio. That will be available in 1.0.2, so syncs will happen faster and not die as often. Have you repeated the sync to see if it will copy over this time?