The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: Shared Layers Attributes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm trying to convert to OmniGraffle from Illustrator. I appreciate how the shared layers work, but without the ability to only share the contents among layer, separate from the position, editing a document with more than a few pages takes a lot of time. So here are a couple of requests:
  1. Shared layer attributes: Allow the user to select if the position of the layer will be shared.
  2. Group by shared layer: An alternative view of the layer/canvas heirarchy that displays the shared layers as the top group with the canvases they belong to as their subgroup.
  3. Alternatively, steal from illustrator and include an editable symbols library that can be shared across canvases as well as between files.

Thanks,
Tucker

I wholeheartedly agree with this request. Most specifically an attribute of shared layers being a list of the canvases that they are used on.