The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating new entry w/ attachment using LaunchBar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I use LaunchBar to send files to Mail and had the bright idea that maybe I could create a new task (with the file attached) using LaunchBar.

I invoke LaunchBar, bring up the file, type OF, and see OmniFocus. I hit enter but nothing happens. I use arrows, no options are given. If the file name is in the LBar window, I can click on the file, choose services, then send to OF inbox.

But that is long and not very efficient.

Any chance that we will be able to send a file from LBar to OF inbox with use a keystroke or two?

Thanks for your help. Thanks for a great product!

Douglas LIVIE

Given that you have the OF entry in Services, then you can highlight in Finder the file you wish to send to OF, hit your LaunchBar InstantSend keystroke, and when the file shows up in Launchbar, hit tab and then Omnfsinb or whatever letters you need to call the Omnifocus-Send to Inbox service, and boom, you will have the quick entry panel open with your desired file in the notes section of the task. You can assign your own abbreviation to the Omnifocus-Send to Inbox service. If you make it short, once you have your file in Launchbar (either directly or by using InstantSend), it is a tab and a couple of keystrokes if you use a 2-letter abbreviation for the service. Don't think you can get much shorter than 3 keystrokes, if I understand what you are trying to do.

Note that you may need to be sure LB is indexing the Services folder to make this work. I don't recall if I had to force that, or if LB does it automatically.

Last edited by rolian; 2013-03-09 at 01:31 PM..

Can you use LaunchBar to select and reveal the file in the Finder? If so, do that, then type your keyboard clipping shortcut.

In fact, once you have the file in LaunchBar, the clipping shortcut will bring it into the task note without having to go to Finder at all. I think this works exactly the same as calling the Send to OF Inbox service - and is even easier if your clipping shortcut is already in muscle memory.