The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Icon Inconsistency Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since the 1.7 update, something about OF's appearance annoyed me. I changed the font (for content and sidebar) and row spacing (for content) back to normal (Helvetica, 5 pt row spacing), and that helped a lot. (Using Lucida Grande as default font for continuous text isn't a good idea in my opinion.)

But something still doesn't look right: the Project icon next to Projects. Everywhere else (in the toolbar, in the inspector, on the iPhone) the index card of the Project icon contains three items. The new Project icon contains only two items, the second one being indented a ridiculous amount.

Not only is it inconsistent, the new Project icon looks 'low res' (it reminds me of the Text Message icon on my old Nokia), and I have the feeling that something's missing every time I see it.

For consistency's sake, bring back the original Project icon.

Best,
drang

The icon in question is located here:

OmniFocus.app/Contents/Frameworks/OmniFocusInterface.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Project.pdf

I just replaced it with the old one. Looks great. ;)

great tip, ricot. thanks!

best,
drang

I don't remember changing any of the Projects icons... if you could attach a screenshot showing the icon you like, and the one you don't like, and send to us via Help > Send Feedback, we can take a look.

Old:

New:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old.png
Views:	725
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1046   Click image for larger version

Name:	new.png
Views:	717
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1047  

Until now I have always replaced the new icon with the old one, but today I deleted OF 1.7.3, and I forgot to save it first. Can someone please send me the original one?

The new one really drives me crazy. It doesn't fit in. And I'm not even sure if the second line is supposed to look indented; maybe it's just a design flaw.

Which file is it, and how far back does one need to go to find a release that has the old one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Which file is it, and how far back does one need to go to find a release that has the old one?
It's this file:

OmniFocus.app/Contents/Frameworks/OmniFocusInterface.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Project.pdf

And the new icon was introduced in version 1.7.

Here's a copy from 1.6.1. Enjoy.

Scratch that, I'm not 100% sure they want me posting it. Here's a link to their server where you can download the entire app and do your own surgery. http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e/MacOSX/10.4/

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2009-09-30 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: remove attachment, give link to download server for entire app

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Here's a copy from 1.6.1. Enjoy.

Scratch that, I'm not 100% sure they want me posting it. Here's a link to their server where you can download the entire app and do your own surgery. http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e/MacOSX/10.4/
Thanks a lot!