The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with Mail.app integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was testing OmniFocus mail integration. The following addresses are all valid according to the RFCs:

Unfortunately, the third form is silently ignored by OmniFocus - the message is archived, but no new items are ever added to the inbox. Even more unfortunate, it is the form I would likely be using the most, because it is the form generated by the venerable command-line mailx tool.

I've logged <bug://bugs/43393> (Mail integration ignores "joe@example.com (Joe User)").

As a workaround, you should be able to add the exact From address "joe@example.com (Joe User)" in the Mail preferences pane's list of addresses. Not only do we search for a canonical match, but I added the ability to check on exact string matches in case we had a problem like this =)

I would like multiple options for the Mail Rules. For instance, one of my rules is from Jott, so i make the subject what jott calls their emails: (Jott to Self). But when I am texting a task, I would like to have another option for it coming from my phone, where the subject is likely NOT (Jott to Self). I tried manually adding (through mail prefs) a rule to send my text messages to OF, but it does not work. Please add this.

Appended to <bug://bugs/43480> (More options for 'To'/'Subject' matching in Mail integration)