The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New iPad user question: badge status Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

I've totally jumped ship to OF. Last week I purchased the iPad version. Simply amazing.*

One question: *"Things" would automatically update the icon badges daily but OF doesn't seem to update until I open the app. *Is this a setting or not supported?

Michael

There is no current way of getting OmniFocus to update the badge automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
There is no current way of getting OmniFocus to update the badge automatically.
This is a minor nuisance. I've used the Todo app by Appigo, and the badge icon auto updates when a task becomes due, usually at midnight. Seems like it's not impossible to make this happen, and would be a good thing to implement IMO.

Been using OF on the iPad since June and I've never noticed whether the badge syncs with the forecast or not before. For me it doesn't matter. I know I have more tasks that I can do than I have time. I know that if I have real due dates I've entered them. I know that I can look in OF and find my next actions. So the badge says very little to me.