The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Orthogonal line juts out when added to corner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is rather difficult to describe with words, but basically, when I try to connect one rectangle from a lower left corner magnet to the side of another rectangle below it, it doesn't give me a left angle. Instead, I end up with this hot mess: http://cl.ly/HXEF

I've tried just using a straight line and setting points manually but that means I have to be super-precise to keep the lines straight because, for me at least, holding the shift key doesn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Last edited by Brian; 2012-06-20 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: made link clickable

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! Would it be possible to send a copy of the document to our support ninjas? (The "Send Feedback" item under the Help menu will even convert all text in the document to gibberish, if it contains sensitive information.)

I was able to generate lines similar to what you're describing - the Shift key should be restricting straight lines to multiples of 45 degrees. I'm guessing that just means that the document that I whipped together isn't encountering the same thing you're seeing for some reason. If we have a copy of your document to work with, we should be able to get to the bottom of this fairly quickly. Thanks for the help!