The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

instability sightings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone bumped into certain features cause crashing or instability. Like doing something in Omni NEVER works.

I found one recently with having duplicate objects with the same image which are grouped and turned into a master object. Crash crash crash.

Visio has something when you place more than a handful of images, the file gets really big and crashes on saving.

These are the kind of things I'm really interested designing around.

If you have a procedure for causing a crash, please use Help->Send Feedback to send the directions, pieces, screen shots, etc. to Omni support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you have a procedure for causing a crash, please use Help->Send Feedback to send the directions, pieces, screen shots, etc. to Omni support.
It's not that simple. Everything I do for a client is NDA restricted.

If you actually try it, you'll see that it offers to scramble the data. Take your production document on which you see the problem, duplicate it, open the duplicate in OG, immediately do Help->Send Feedback, and have it gibberize the data. Now drag the file it has created to the desktop from the Mail application and use that for your demonstration of the issue — you can take screen shots and everything without giving away any secrets.

I will do that.

Nevertheless, the forums seems like a good place to have an instability thread. Human error being what it is, OG is bound to have some leaks.

Oh, by all means have the discussion — I'm just trying to help you get any problems turned up fixed...

Of coarse and I appreciate it!