The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New to Omniweb & need help! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running Omniweb on my Mac Mini. I imported bookmarks from Safari (I'm using Safari 4 Beta.) Now I would like to remove one of the bookmarks, but nothing I do seems to work. I highlight the bookmark and click Delete on the Edit menu ... nothing happens. I also tried Cut ... nothing happened. I even rebooted, thinking it might be gone when I restarted Omniweb ... no, it was still there. I tried Help, but couldn't find any information on removing bookmarks, only adding them.

I'm at my wit's end. Would someone please take pity on me and clue me in? :(

Is the bookmark in the left 'collections pane' or the larger right side pane in the bookmarks window? left pane items are alias's.

Had u selected the bookmark or just the text? Have you tried to control+click or right click to select 'delete' from the contextual menu? or use the 'actions' button in the status bar to select 'delete' from the menu?

Is this occurring in a Sneaky Peak? SP's are nightly build can be found here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal View Post
…Now I would like to remove one of the bookmarks, but nothing I do seems to work. I highlight the bookmark and click Delete on the Edit menu ... nothing happens. I also tried Cut ... nothing happened…
I think you may be trying to delete within the "Safari Bookmarks" collection that you imported.

You can only delete the whole collection.

You can drag the bookmarks out of the collection and then edit or delete them.

When you import Safari bookmarks, you're creating a read only version of whatever you have in Safari. The downside is you can't modify them. The upside is if you make changes to Safari bookmarks, OmniWeb will notice the changes and update the collection next time you launch.

We hope to make this easier to work with or at least more obvious as to what's going on in the future.

Did you move Safari bookmarks toolbar content into Favorites
and bookmarks into Personal? They can be deleted individually there but not if still listed as a Safari import.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
When you import Safari bookmarks, you're creating a read only version of whatever you have in Safari. The downside is you can't modify them. The upside is if you make changes to Safari bookmarks, OmniWeb will notice the changes and update the collection next time you launch.

We hope to make this easier to work with or at least more obvious as to what's going on in the future.
Thank you! This will solve my problem! I'll go delete it from Safari! :D

I didn't realize the imported bookmarks were just aliases. That explains a lot.

I'm actually embarrassed to describe what I did with my bookmarks! LOL! I arranged them so they're quite different from the standard Omniweb format. I just couldn't get the hang of things. *rollseyes* I'm not exactly a computer literate person ... I just bumble my way along. :p

Thanks for all your help! I'll hang around here and read. Maybe I'll learn something. ;)

I realize I'm just a wee bit post-date of this topic - but . . . . I'm new to OmniWeb, and had the same problem Kisal did three years ago. I searched this forum, found this topic, and solved my problem.

Thanks for keeping these posts ♥