The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NZB Doesn't "Download" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok. I download a lot of NZB files for Unison and whenever I click one in OmniWeb it just downloads as flat files. Any chance of having it actually save these files to the desktop? I searched through the preferences and found nothing on how to handle different filetypes.

Tips would be great.

Right click and go Save to Desktop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazokajoe_2k
Right click and go Save to Desktop?
Using the site I use, it is dynamically generated. Thus, doing that results in a file called "index.html" on my desktop.. hardly useful ;)

OW uses the name of the page it opens for the file it downloads to the desktop—whether there is dynamic content behind it or not. So, probably, if you rename this "index.html" to whatever the filename should actually be, it will work.

But this is inconvienent. Why can't it just save like Safari does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanl
But this is inconvienent. Why can't it just save like Safari does?
Exactly. I hate having to rename everything. Unison downloads it into the filename folder. So if i have something named index.nzb it creates a folder called index ... if i did that for every file i downloaded it would be full of a ton of different things usually with multiple files for each thing. So having to go in and rename every one of them is just a pain in the rear.

I'd like to just have the file downloaded straight to the desktop or the folder i specify in the preferences.