The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Password protect a Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

i've made several projects that are sync in Mobile.me and in use by several users, however, there are some projects that i don't want everybody to see. Just two persons

Any way i can do that?

cheers
Supercharger

If you want them all to live in the same database, the answer is currently no. Everything gets synced everywhere, and there are no access controls once you have access to the database.

Now, if you are willing to go to some trouble, you could have a separate user account with a separate OmniFocus database, syncing to a different MobileMe account or one of the free options such as SwissDisk, and you could put the sensitive stuff there. You would lose the ability to have all of your projects in a single view, however.

Hi,

thanks for the response. And is there any way to have multiple databases?

many thx
SC

Not sure about the multiple databases... it used to be possible, but that was a long time ago.

Have you checked out OmniPlan?

Again, best bet is to use multiple user accounts, 1 database per account. OF 1.x isn't designed for use as a groupware tool.