The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

canvas sharing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a long-time pro user, but I think something snuck up on me that I don't want: canvas layer sharing. I don't think I EVER want to share canvases, rather I often want to create a scenario and then change it, but not modify the original. Now when I duplicate a canvas, anything I do to the new canvas happens on the original. This even happens if I just create a new canvas. That is, duplicate and new appear to me to do the same (unwanted) thing.

I discovered this in preparing vector addition/subtraction problems. I created an original canvas with my vectors. Then my next canvas I want to manipulate the vectors into their sums. But it changes the original which I want to keep as reference...and to use over and over for additional problems. And so on.

How do I disable any canvas sharing?

thanks,
Ray

There's no canvas sharing, only layer sharing between canvases. It sounds like you've got a shared layer in the mix, which will get duplicated when you duplicate its canvas. If you expand the canvas sidebar, you should see the shared layer(s) in a different color. Find the culprit, copy and paste any objects you want to save into a non-shared layer, and delete the shared layers. There's a Delete All Copies command in the Action pop-up menu at the bottom of the canvas sidebar.

If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to see the vector math document! My forum username works at gmail, if you don't want to post it here.