The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

(flagged tasks) and (due dates for today) perspective window needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I must be missing this major need in Omni.

I use flagging for parts of projects which have pieces that can be done at any moment, according to my mood.

I also have reoccuring projects (rooms of the house to clean) and reoccuring tasks (downloading Paypal History to Quickbooks) These come due at certain dates.

How can I set up one window that shows all of my flagged items and all of my items that have due dates for today?

Thanks

Although it won't show you only things due today, you can switch to context view, set the Group By filter to "Due date", set the sort filter to project, and the flag filter to show only flagged.

You can then collapse the due by groups that aren't "due today"

-P

This is only showing up tasks that are due, if the due task has been manually flagged.

I need both flagged (and/or) due.

Thanks for your help

AND searches are, IMO, sorely lacking in OF. I like the idea of Perspectives, but I can't partition my tasks/priorities into such exclusive criteria. Switching between different Perspectives in order to see all the information you really need to see in one place is inconvenient. In any case, I hope v.1.1+ will permit more complex Perspectives.

Is this being addressed?

It would be nice to be able to have one window(perspective) that will show everything due that day:
both flagged tasks, and tasks that become due automatically (without flags).

I, too, would like to see this. I've been toying a bit with Things, which offers a very clean 'Today' view. GTD orthodoxy be durned-- I think this is a good idea.

Last edited by sfkeydel; 2008-01-27 at 02:52 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimomni View Post
This is only showing up tasks that are due, if the due task has been manually flagged.

I need both flagged (and/or) due.

Thanks for your help
I agree. I came to the forum just now to ask this same question but see that kimomni already did. Please consider adding a "Flagged/Due" switch.

TIA!

Yes, every idea can be improved; especially when it comes to importing an idea process, into a software.

To be able to tag items you want to do right away, saves from having to constantly redo your projects. I'm sure that is why you included it.

This software would be much more user friendly if you combine both manual and automatic additions into ONE to-do list.

It would be nice to be able to have ONE list that shows only flagged, next action, and tasks that have a due date for today. Everyone of those should be on the to-do list for today. One List.

I'm pretty much at a stand still with my projects because of this. I'm having to spend too much time *everyday* going over each project and container to see if there is something I'm not seeing. Call it a mental block, not being able to see today's whole picture.

I don't know if this would satisfy you - I think you're really looking for a feature that OF doesn't have - but here's an idea anyway:

Could you view your due actions, select them all, flag them, then view your flagged actions? Wouldn't that furnish the list you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I don't know if this would satisfy you - I think you're really looking for a feature that OF doesn't have - but here's an idea anyway:

Could you view your due actions, select them all, flag them, then view your flagged actions? Wouldn't that furnish the list you want?
Craig, I'm not sure I understand your suggestion fully. I think what people are asking for is the ability to see just those actions that are due today, along with any flagged actions with any conceivable due date (or none, for that matter). Would your suggestion allow people to see only those actions due today plus any flagged actions, as one discrete list?

Using the "View" toggles, it's currently possible to show a task that is:
a. due today
b. due today AND flagged
c. due today NOT flagged
However, you can't show a list of tasks that are due today OR flagged, this being what folks on this thread appear to be requesting.

Cheers!