The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible iPhone In Webapp Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a very easy idea for setting up a system for getting tasks into OF.

Omni could set up a very simple iPhone webapp/web page that simply sent an email to a preset account.

OF could then pick up that email from Apple mail as it does normally and add the task.

The webpage could offer the fields required and so make it a lot easier to put in tasks than having to remember the email code.

Plus with v1.1.3, and the custom icons, you could have a pretty cool icon on your home screen to get to it.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Eye_Doc; 2008-01-16 at 12:22 PM..

I'm all for it... I wouldn't mind a "Publish to Web" to have access to the system in a static format, either... I currenty use Nozbe after switching to Vitalist, and bith have fully implemented iPhone interfaces. Neother are perfect, and both have disadvantages.

I'm now working at a place with a Mac and am considering OmnoiFocus, as I spent most of my time on the computer instead of the field, and not only will it pay for itself in a few months, but has many advantages over the online-only versions.

Again, not perfect, but OmniFocus has a lot going for it. I for one would vote to dedicate resources to fully integrate it into common UI standards as talked about a length in another thread... Ought not to be *too* difficult, as you're talking about the "look and feel" and not the engine.

My $.02, FWIW...

-Anthony

Eye_Doc: I like your idea. I'm just gonna point out to the audience that you don't have to wait for Omni to do this. A web page with a few text boxes and checkmarks that sends an email should be fairly straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocaptain View Post
I'm all for it... I wouldn't mind a "Publish to Web" to have access to the system in a static format, either...
Great idea! Could publish to web on exit.

Could be very simple web page with just an index page and then static html pages coming on from it with your tasks listed by contexts ± projects. In fact as your iPhone is your out and about device, just having it in context view would be justified.

These 2 ideas combined could provide a really simple to program and very basic iphone/web interface.