The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

web based interface? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know there was a web based interface a while back which was removed, I also checked out the two threads from the FAQ section about adding it back in, but it seems that initiative has gone stale.

Is Omni planning on bringing something like this back? I want to use OF for both personal and work, but at work I use a PC, so I'm unable to install it locally.

I have the iPhone app but it's too cumbersome to input all of my work information on it.

Any suggestions?

The web interface is still there in the 1.5 release, I just tried it out. Unfortunately, it isn't much good for entering new material, only executing stuff you've already entered. You can add stuff to the inbox, but I haven't found any way to make projects or action groups or even add to existing projects.

Here's where you can read all about it.

What makes entering your work stuff so cumbersome? What sorts of things do you find yourself needing to enter? Maybe there's an alternative way to get the stuff into the database...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The web interface is still there in the 1.5 release, I just tried it out. Unfortunately, it isn't much good for entering new material, only executing stuff you've already entered. You can add stuff to the inbox, but I haven't found any way to make projects or action groups or even add to existing projects.

Here's where you can read all about it.

What makes entering your work stuff so cumbersome? What sorts of things do you find yourself needing to enter? Maybe there's an alternative way to get the stuff into the database...
What's hard is the amount of information I need to add. Lots of times I'll be in a meeting and taking notes, it's tough to add a lot of information by typing on the iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehprince View Post
What's hard is the amount of information I need to add. Lots of times I'll be in a meeting and taking notes, it's tough to add a lot of information by typing on the iPhone.
Have you tried the email interface? You could type up the notes in a text file (in the correct format), then email them to an account checked on your Mac. Search the OF help for "mail" to find out more.

Curt

Also, please make sure to send feedback via Help -> Send Feedback, to register your desire for such functionality, as it will help us prioritize future work.