The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sub/super scripts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I use sub/super scripts within a text field?

Format menu --> Font --> Baseline

Both superscript and subscript live there.

HTH,

It's a terrible shame that Superscript and Subscript shortcuts went out with Mac OS Classic. It used to be command + and command - (I think, it was ages ago). Shame on them for killing the shortcut...

You can add your own shortcuts using System Preferences... Type "shortcuts" into the search field in Tiger's System Preferences--or Go to "Keyboard & Mouse" -> "Keyboard Shortcuts".

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I'm on 10.5 with and tried setting the Menu Title to "Format>Font>Baseline>Subscript" and wasn't able to get it to trigger. Any ideas?

Did you try just "Subscript"?

I didn't but it works like a charm. This leaves me wondering what would happen if menu items in different menus had the same name.

I think there's potential for a surprise when that happens :-)

Most applications don't have the same name (with different functions) in two different menus, but I recall encountering that very situation in GraphicConverter and it isn't impossible to imagine that other "Swiss Army knife" programs (like, uh, oh yeah, OmniGraffle!) might conceivably have the same issue.