The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

One Touch Recording Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

My apologies if this has been discussed before.

I find the recording option quite useful. However I think it could be improved in one sense:

It would be nice to push the inbox button and have the option to record/photo immediately on sight.
Naming in that case could be an automatic generated name with street, date + take number. You can always alter it afterwards if it doesn't suit you before saving...

i.e.: 1 Carnaby St., 22/11/12 - 01

What do u think?

Audio notes recording is one of the most important and unique features in OF for iPhone.
This option is especially useful when you're on the move.
For example, when I drive the car and something important come to my mind I would like to put it in my inbox.
Unfortunately, writing while driving can end badly.
Here comes a voice memo.
Unfortunately, this option is poorly implemented.

I have run OF, tap new task, write the name of the task, go down, tap add an attachment, start recording, stop recording and at the end save everything.

Do not try to do it while driving !!!

It is a pity that such a useful feature has been so badly implemented.

I beg you!
Fix it!
It's about human life!

Agree! Please make it as easy as ppssible. Just one button, no subject!

I use the audio capture all the time. I wish there was a way to verbally save a task to the inbox without having to hit save the save button.

JJ

I've been using Siri to get things into my inbox the past couple weeks as described here. http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/entry/...peaking_terms/

Except for Siri's idiosyncrasies, it works very well. I'm happy and I'm sorry that I didn't make time to set it up sooner. That and the new/beta Maildrop feature have been awesome.