The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't add new actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can no longer add new actions in the application itself (quick entry and email works fine).

If i put my curser on a current inbox item or current action within a project in project mode, and then hit enter, I lose my curser and no new line is created. Even if I new the "add action" button on the toolbar, nothing happens. In earlier revisions of the app, I would hear a "bonk" when I would try to do this, but now it is silent. Please help!

My guess is that one of two things is going on:

1. You have Focused on a project or folder, and the new action is being created outside the focus. (This is a known bug, if I recall correctly.)

2. You have text in the search box in the toolbar, and the new action doesn't appear because it doesn't contain that text.

Both of these have bit me in the past! If it's not one of them, check your View Bar settings.

none of those were the case, but i just updated (for the second time today) and it works! I'm thrilled!