The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request: Styling for 'on hold / waiting' actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Scenario:

I have a red overdue action that I am changing to the 'Waiting' context since I can't work on the action till I hear back from a co-worker. I would like the action to change from being red to something less 'in my face', since the action keeps drawing my attention even though there is nothing I can do about it.

So, I think I would like the settings to allow me to style 'on hold' actions differently.

cheers,
mick

I'm pretty sure we've got an existing feature request open on the ability to style those actions in the development database; if you email the support ninjas, we can add a vote for that change on your behalf. Thanks!

One thing you can do is put something like +6h in the start date field and it will get out of your face for six hours, at which point it will come back and you can harass your person. Also, there is a script called "Complete and Await Reply" that can be useful for this situation; you can find it in the extras forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
One thing you can do is put something like +6h in the start date field and it will get out of your face for six hours, at which point it will come back and you can harass your person. Also, there is a script called "Complete and Await Reply" that can be useful for this situation; you can find it in the extras forum.
Thanks Lucas. Good suggestion.

I'll also check out that script.