The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to create a new "topic"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yesterday, I just found this program on my Mac. I couldn't be happier with it because MS Word is so clunky.

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out how to add multiple lists to the same page. Here's what I'd like to do.

Topic 1
I. List
II. List
A. Sub-list
B. Sub-list

Topic 2
I. List
II. List
A. Sub-list
B. Sub-list

Unfortuately, all I can create is the first list. I don't see a menu item to "create a new topic," which would thus reset my Roman Numerals.

All I am using is the basic version of OmniOutliner (v.3.5).

Any help would be appreciated!

The Pro version has the capability to create sections. I don't know if the basic version does.

Thanks! I guess I'll go ahead and purchase it.

I'm writing outlines for my law school finals and really need this functionality.

Actually... it's not possible to add a new 'topic' in pro or standard. The column title persists for the whole document. The best way to deal with this is to use the parent row for the topic instead of the column title.

I believe with JKT is referring to is that OO Pro has a section list panel but clicking on the different sections in the list simply hoists that section which you can do in standard version as well. The column title will still be the same no matter what part you hoist.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

--
Derek M.
Support Ninja
The Omni Group

Hm, isn't it like that, what do you want?