The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Printing - or rather the lack of it Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've found that when I try to print out the full context list using the view facility that OF just closes down without printing a thing. Anyone else seen this?

I'm using an iMac G5 and HP L7680.

This means I can't take my context lists with me without manually writing them down :-( or making a screen grab. :-((

What's worse is that I only found this out after pre-ordering the full release :-(((

I haven't actually tried to print, but I did a preview of all actions in the context mode with the view bar showing. All was fine.

Aren't you at least getting a crash catcher report? I've never seen OF shut down without displaying the crash catcher.

I've had no stability problems with printing. I'm not wild about the options available for printing, but they are actively being developed.

This is still beta testing. You shouldn't be glum about that one bug. Omni seems to be crushing several bugs a day lately. They crush crashing bugs extremely aggressively.

Be sure to use Help --> Send Feedback to report the problem so that the bug gets entered into their database. The forums are not the general place for bug reports as the Sticky Thread at the top indicates. (That said, many of us report using Send Feedback and post reports here for discussion.)

Curt

Does this happen if you select 'Format for: Any Printer' in page setup and then save the PDF to a file? If not, this would implicate the HP printer drivers, though we might be doing something to provoke them.

As Curt said, if you can send me a reproducible crash, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and try to reproduce it and fix it. The hard part is usually getting the reproducible steps.