The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any other enhancements and bug fixes in v1.5? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Other enhancement and bug fix in v1.5

Nice to hear that the new version is arriving soon.
Besides the new functionality (above) is there other enhancement and bug fixes like the context badge bug (adding “do soon” & “overdue” actions in context incorrect).

I have mailing you about a number of enhancements like:
  1. If a context is set to hold the included contexts should also be set to hold status.
    Example: if I have an office defined as a context and a number of co-workers also defined as contexts included in the office context (they work in that specific office). Then if I have actions that must be performed in person with the co-workers it would be very handy to be able to but the office context on hold if the included contexts would change to hold status as well (until I make a visit).
  2. I think you should add "when" functionality to context as a complement to "where" (nearby).
    By adding the possibility to add make context active during a time period like: context "call clients" is active between 8 - 5, Monday - Friday. It would be very useful.
  3. When I look at my context list I don't have to see actions not available to me at that moment. That's good.
    But I have to see all contexts with no action (actions not available to me at that moment). I think it would be a very strong improvement if I could hide context with no actions.
  4. The waiting context should display actions (in Available & Next) otherwise there is less meaning with the waiting context. I use it for monitoring actions I have delegated or actions waiting for answers.
    Now I have to go back to settings and select Remaining (Context) to see what action are in the waiting context.
  5. If I assign a project without assigning a context I can find it in the project view under the assigned project (Expected behaviour). However, it is not at all accessable under the context view/subviews at all.
    This is _unexpected_.
    I would assume a smartlist within the context view showing all task with no context assigned (like it is with Misc in the project view).
    Why? The project view is for planning and the context list is for doing actions. However the task with no assigned context will NEVER pop up in the context section.

(Moved your post to a separate thread because it's kind of a different topic than where it was originally.)

Unsure about the specifics of #s 1 and 4. I'll leave those items for other folks to respond to if they're able. (If you need a guaranteed response, you can email the support ninjas and ask for a status check.)

#2 - I know this feature exists in the development database, but it's not in v1.5 AFAIK.

#3 - all your contexts are shown in the list because you could tap an empty one and add an action to that context. I'm not aware of any plans to change that, but I'm pretty sure the request has some votes attached to it in the development database.

#5 - actions with no context will now show up, beneath your contexts.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-06-16 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: realized I knew what was up with #2 after all. :-)

Tanks Brian

No sign of user perspectives then? :(

What about the problem with all child actions displaying when the parent is set to sequential? That's currently a show-stopper for me.

I know OF are working hard on this app, but for me it's not quite there yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macronencer View Post
What about the problem with all child actions displaying when the parent is set to sequential? That's currently a show-stopper for me.
Could you describe this problem in some more detail? Sampling a bunch of sequential projects, I see nothing but correct behavior...and if the problem is that it shows more actions than it should, how is that a show-stopper? Isn't the first action shown always a legitimate choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Could you describe this problem in some more detail? Sampling a bunch of sequential projects, I see nothing but correct behavior...and if the problem is that it shows more actions than it should, how is that a show-stopper? Isn't the first action shown always a legitimate choice?
I'll try to summarize this briefly, though I've already reported it through the normal channels.

I'm referring to the "flagged" view, showing a complex project which I use for daily tasks. The problem is that it's not necessarily true that only the first item in the list is actionable. Because of the parallel/sequential tree structure there could be several that are actionable, and it makes it confusing if I can also see the non-actionable ones.

I recognize that the current behaviour is useful for many people, and I'd really like this to be an option. If an action is not yet available because of prior actions in a sequence, I would personally prefer not to see it, but I know people differ on this.