The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What does "library" mean in Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry, maybe a stupid question.
I found nothing about "library" in help and forum.

I have a folder Library (Bibliothek) and under it 16 projects starting with <Rückruf bei Frau Lorenz>
I dont't use OF for some months and I don't know what Library means and why there are the 16 projects without tasks.
Please can someone help me ?

Jochen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF Bibliothek.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	2221  

It's just the container for all of your projects. Everything is either in the Inbox, or the Library.

Could you have completed all of the tasks for those projects? Change the view bar setting for Availability (the 4th setting from the left) to the first choice, which should show you all actions regardless of their status. If you see a bunch of actions appear in those projects, all marked completed, then maybe that is what happened. Or maybe you never put any actions in the projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It's just the container for all of your projects. Everything is either in the Inbox, or the Library.
OK and Thanks.
Normally if I would see something in a container I must open the container.
My thinking is then I should use the triangle > click on it to open the container ?

Jochen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post

Could you have completed all of the tasks for those projects? Change the view bar setting for Availability (the 4th setting from the left) to the first choice, which should show you all actions regardless of their status. If you see a bunch of actions appear in those projects, all marked completed, then maybe that is what happened. Or maybe you never put any actions in the projects?
I think the 16 shown "projects" are no projects.
Thy are tasks or old tasks. Maybe I made a mistake in the past.
If I had completed the 16 projects or tasks I should see the symbol for completed ?
And you can see the context of "Rückruf bei Frau Lorenz" > Context > Büro(Office).
If I change to context view and look to context "Büro" there is nothing listed.

Jochen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF all projects.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	2222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen View Post
I think the 16 shown "projects" are no projects.
Thy are tasks or old tasks.
Don't think so — they wouldn't show up in the library unless they were projects. The red 1 you see next to each one is consistent with how OmniFocus counts overdue items; an empty project which is overdue will have a red 1 next to its name.
Quote:
Maybe I made a mistake in the past.
If I had completed the 16 projects or tasks I should see the symbol for completed ?
And you can see the context of "Rückruf bei Frau Lorenz" > Context > Büro(Office).
If I change to context view and look to context "Büro" there is nothing listed.
You have misunderstood what the context of a project means. It does not mean that all of the actions of the project will necessarily be in that context! However, if you create an action in that project, and do not assign a context to that action, it will receive the project's context. If you think about it for a moment, you'll realize that OmniFocus would be much less useful if all of a project's actions had to have the same context, which is what your comment implies.

You would only see the completed indication if you actually marked the project complete, or OmniFocus had done so for you. There is an option to have OmniFocus automatically complete projects and groups when you complete the last action. It's in the Data section of the preferences. Setting that option only affects projects and groups you make after you set it. To change the setting for an existing project or group, you use the inspector after selecting the project or group.