The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcut for snippets in German version doesn't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!
It seems to me that I tried to use every possible key-combination to enable the ability to paste selections from other applications into an action of OmniFocus (especially the mail-integration with mail-tags, everything checked, plugin installed) - unsuccessful.
I'm using the German version. Could that be the problem, that i cannot use that feature? Does anybody have a solution?Regards

One test you can do is see if the menu item is active.

Example:
In mail, select some text, then go to the following menu item:
Mail->Services->OmniFocus:Send to Inbox

If that menu item is highlighted, then you should be able to clip the selected area.

If you can clip an item using the menu.
You should be able to clip using the shortcut you assigned.
If you can't clip using the shortcut, then try assigning a different shortcut.

What operating system are you using?

The 1.6 sneaky peeks include some bug fixes around short-cuts for non-English-localized versions.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
One test you can do is see if the menu item is active.

Example:
In mail, select some text, then go to the following menu item:
Mail->Services->OmniFocus:Send to Inbox

If that menu item is highlighted, then you should be able to clip the selected area.

If you can clip an item using the menu.
You should be able to clip using the shortcut you assigned.
If you can't clip using the shortcut, then try assigning a different shortcut.

What operating system are you using?
Hello,

I'm using the french localised version of Omnifocus, Os 10.5.6, and I have the same problem as Mwiegard: can't use the shorcut to paste the selection to Omnifocus from another application.

I have changed the shortcut, to be sure it is not used by the system or another application, but it still didn't worked...

As SpiralOcean said, I'm using the Services menu to paste anything in Omnifocus and it works. So it doesn't seem to be a script problem, but really about the shortcut...

But still, it takes big bunch of time to do so, and I'd like to use the shortcut...

Looking forward that this bug seems to be resolved in the 1.6 Sneaky peak... and hope it will not take too long until it'll be realeased as stable version...