The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Granular control over Due Soon alerts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sent this via Feedback, but thought I'd also share it hear and see if anyone has their own solution:

Just wanted to put a plug in for having more granular control over task repeats and "due soon" notification.
As an example, it would be very beneficial to be able to have a task repeat daily, only Mon-Fri.
Also, I think it would be helpful to be able to assign notification on a per-task basis. For instance, some tasks I would like to be notified 30 minutes in advance (like meetings, etc).
It seems like the current notification preference is to alert a "Due Soon" 24 hours before a task is due. This works fine for most tasks, but there are a lot of time-sensitive tasks that i need more granular control over.

Thoughts?

The interval for "Due Soon" can be changed in preferences.

Daily repeats have been requested for over 2 years. Posting on this forum won't add a vote, but sending feedback to Omni via the Help menu will.

Finally, if you need reminders of things such as meetings, the best place to set them up is in your calendar. OmniFocus is really designed to help you handle unscheduled work, not appointments. iCal does a fine job of allowing multiple, granular reminders for scheduled events.