The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus - Address Book Integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
slightly off topic: LaunchBar: Address Book, Name, Number, <tab>, service OmniFocus:Send to Inbox

A few seconds/strokes to get a phone number into the note of a new OF Task. Great for setup. The iPhone will dial that number from OF (but not if it is the subject of the task, just from the note field).

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
If you're looking for something that does it all, then take a look at Daylite for the Mac and Daylite Touch for iPad and iPhone. Daylite does a great job as a contact / calendar / task / project / and information manager all in one, and syncs well with the mobile platforms. I comes with a built-in server app that allows you to keep all three in sync using dyndns.org if you don't have a static IP. I used it for about a year and a half.

Unfortunately, it does all of the functions well, but OmniFocus does task management REALLY well. And in my business life, task management and project management are very important. I don't mind using separate apps to achieve what I need as long as they all are the best in what they do, I'm not willing to settle for less. I use OmniFocus, OmniPlan, BusyCal, and Address Book to do what I need.
I have played around a bit with Daylite and it looks great, but the price is a RIP OFF, I use 2DO on the iPhone and it works great.

Why they can't hook this into the address book with one touch like 2DO does is insane - at $19.99 you would expect that it would be able to perform as well as an app a fraction of the price.

I still miss my Palm Pilot and Agendus - but their attempt at an iphone app really is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnewt View Post
I have played around a bit with Daylite and it looks great, but the price is a RIP OFF, I use 2DO on the iPhone and it works great.

Why they can't hook this into the address book with one touch like 2DO does is insane - at $19.99 you would expect that it would be able to perform as well as an app a fraction of the price.

I still miss my Palm Pilot and Agendus - but their attempt at an iphone app really is a joke
But Daylite does something that OmniFocus doesn't do:

multi-user collaboration.

OmniFocus 1.x is used mostly as a single-user program. Sharing tasks isn't something that OmniFocus does very well.