The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clarity of dependencies Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Will there be an option to turn off the shadow effect in a future version? When there are many activities all linked to a milestone OP creates a big fat dependency line. Also, if two or more activities share the same end date and link to the same milestone the dependency line is drawn flat against the end of the tasks. This makes it impossible to determine which tasks actually links to the milestone without looking at the outline or the inspector... not very good, especially since this doesn't happen when linking tasks to tasks.

We have a feature request for the ability to customize dependency line attributes like thickness, size of arrows, shadows, etc...

I'll add a vote to this request for you. :)

[bump]

Just wanted to pull this up. The shadows look horrible when printed, and generally speaking the doc looks great on screen but doesn't print well at all. Shadows have a white cast below them, and both shadow and white cast cover up anything below them, such as date divider lines (not great, but acceptable I suppose), but also any shading such as when you shade every other line or have overdue events with a shade. Possibly due to non-postscript printer? I have no idea, but it looks terrible.

I'd love to see a so called 'simplified' look, with no aqua highlights, no shadows, and easier to edit line styles (say, year lines are thicker than quarters, which are thicker than months, etc). The border between the task list and the actual Gantt chart doesn't work, either - it seems like the list and gantt chant views don't match. Well, while I am at it...any way to turn off the bullets next to the list items?

Otherwise, I really DO love OP, but the printing aspect could use some love.

[edit to add] Oh, I'm using OP 1.6.1 rc 1, on an iMac with OSX 10.5.5.

I'll add your feedback to our development database. Thanks Sanook!