The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb 5.7 is weirdly like 1.0 version software. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
OmniWeb 5.7 is weirdly like 1.0 version software. It's buggy, some features are just plain broken and boy do I see that spinning beachball a lot :-( I really regret having paid good money for it. I _REALLY_ regret not having tested it better before buying. Instead I took too much notice of it's positive reviews (which I'm now shaking my head over. Did you TEST OmniWeb at ALL MacWorld? Mac|Life?) and bought OmniWeb almost immediately. Very silly of me - I admit that.

Examples of my troubles: OmniWeb crashes every few hours, permission to use keychain entries are not remembered if another program originally created them, I'm asked if I want to save my passwords for webforms EVERY single time (regardless of whether I say yes or not), OmniWeb gets very slow with large numbers of tabs open (spinning beachball's are starting to invade my dreams - arrrgh!), form autofill of name, address, phone number, etc is very poor (99% of forms had to be completed manually even though their fields were clearly labelled "Phone", "Address", etc), changes to shared bookmarks are not always saved (and my iDisk has a local copy so that should NEVER happen, it's not having to save them across the net. Just to a LOCAL volume!) and no error message is given to warm me there has been a problem.

So I'm back using Camino nighty builds and MUCH happier. Camino might not be as pretty or nice to use - but it WORKS. OmniWeb simply doesn't far too frequently. It's a damn shame :-(