The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action items in RED Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to OmniFocus, and love it so far. I took the Lynda.com course to learn more but I still have a problem that I can't seem to resolve on my own.

I created a "Single Action Item" list and entered items that I wanted in there. I did NOT add a due date in the "Inspector". About 2 - 3 days later, the list and the items entered in the list all turned red and subsequently give what appears to be an 'Overdue" message.

Can anyone tell me why this would be?

Signed,
Confused

It sounds like the list has a due date set, whether you intended to do it or not. Select the list by clicking on its name in the sidebar, then bring up the inspector with cmd-shift-I or Inspectors->Project or clicking the Inspect button in the toolbar. I think you'll find that there is a due date set. Select the due date and press delete to clear it.

You may want to turn on display of the due date column, if you don't already have it. View->Columns->Due Date will turn it on and off. Then you can see at a glance if an item has a due date. Note that children inherit due dates (and start dates and flags) from their parents, so if you have a project which is due tomorrow, and inside the project there is an action with no due date (or one which is later than the project's due date), OmniFocus will treat that action as if it had the more stringent due date applied, although it will continue to show the value in the action's due date field. This is the first thing to check when you see an action unexpectedly showing up as due.

Thanks whpalmer, I turned on the "Due Date", and sure enough, somehow I inadvertently set a date. I got rid of the date and all is well again